Archive for category Saving Techniques
While we’re going through rough economic times, keeping our expenses down is more important than ever. Expenses such as car repair and maintenance can be minimized by taking care of our cars properly. Preventive maintenance is still one of the best ways to keep our cars in good shape and avoid expensive repairs and replacements. Also, paying attention to what’s happening under the hood of the car can help you prevent problems and solve some before they can get worse. Additionally, following the maintenance schedule on the owner’s manual of your car is good practice.
Here’s a checklist of what you should keep an eye on in your car:
- Change the oil and oil filter regularly – It is highly recommended to change the oil and the oil filter for every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Check all the fluids – These include brake, power steering, transmission, transaxle, windshield washer and antifreeze fluids.
- Check the air pressure level in your tires at least once a month
- Check all the lights and make sure they all work
- Replace the windshield wiper blades periodically – Old wiper blades can get cracked and torn, causing streaks on your windshield.
- Inspect the engine belts for cracks and missing segments
- Check the air filter and make sure it’s not clogged or damaged.